What is a Computer?
Computer is a number crunching machine that can accept data and process data and save result for its future use.
There are advantage and disadvantage of computer in our life
Advantages of Computers
Following list demonstrates the advantages of computers in today’s arena.
- High Speed
- Computer is a very fast device.
- It is capable of performing calculation of very large amount of data.
- The computer has units of speed in microsecond, nanosecond, and even the picoseconds.
- It can perform millions of calculations in a few seconds as compared to man who will spend many months for doing the same task.
- In addition to being very fast, computers are very accurate.
- The calculations are 100% error free.
- Computers perform all jobs with 100% accuracy provided that correct input has been given.
- Storage Capability
- Memory is a very important characteristic of computers.
- A computer has much more storage capacity than human beings.
- It can store large amount of data.
- It can store any type of data such as images, videos, text, audio and many others.
- Unlike human beings, a computer is free from monotony, tiredness and lack of concentration.
- It can work continuously without any error and boredom.
- It can do repeated work with same speed and accuracy.
- A computer is a very versatile machine.
- A computer is very flexible in performing the jobs to be done.
- This machine can be used to solve the problems related to various fields.
- At one instance, it may be solving a complex scientific problem and the very next moment it may be playing a card game.
- A computer is a reliable machine.
- Modern electronic components have long lives.
- Computers are designed to make maintenance easy.
- Computer is an automatic machine.
- Automation means ability to perform the given task automatically.
- Once a program is given to computer i.e., stored in computer memory, the program and instruction can control the program execution without human interaction.
- Reduction in Cost
- Though the initial investment for installing a computer is high but it substantially reduces the cost of each of its transaction.
Disadvantages of Computers
Following list demonstrates the disadvantages of computers in today’s arena
- No I.Q
- A computer is a machine that has no intelligence to perform any task.
- Each instruction has to be given to computer.
- A computer cannot take any decision on its own.
- It functions as per a user’s instruction, so it is fully dependent on human being
- The operating environment of computer should be dust free and suitable.
- No Feeling
- Computers have no feelings or emotions.
- It cannot make judgment based on feeling, taste, experience, and knowledge unlike a human being.
In this technology people do not leave without computer so it is positive
Edited by: Muhammad Awais